The Enlisted Combat Aircrew Roll of Honor was dedicated aboard USS YORKTOWN at Patriots Point Naval and Maritime Museum on 10 Oct 1996. All who have served Naval Aviation in the Navy, Marines and Coast Guard are encouraged to nominate qualified candidates for induction into the Roll of Honor.
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ROLL OF HONOR
1. Candidate shall have been in an enlisted status at the time for which nomination being made.
2. Have been exposed to actual combat as an enlisted crewmember of a combat aircraft, including but not limited to air to air, air to sea, air to ground encounters and rescue missions under fire.
3. The action(s) for which nominated shall be distinctive in nature, and will be determined by the selection board.
Nomination packages can be obtained from:
|PO Box 2502|
|Aiken, SC 29802-2502|
Send all completed data to Barry Solomon. You are encouraged to support this meaningful and long overdue recognition initiative.
ITEMS TO SUBMIT TO THE BOARD
1. A story of one or more combat actions influencing nomination (prolonged exposure to
combat environment may be used in justification)
2. Include any available supporting documentation. Copies of combat awards, citations,
last page of flight record which should tell how many combat missions flown, any news or
magazine articles and anything you think will help with nomination, a few pictures
of nominee from that time, articles from Seawolf web site if pertaining.
The Board has many articles from the media, a 20 page history of the squadron, many emails from Navy, Army and Marine personnel thanking us for saving their lives, Dan Kelly's book, and the Seawolf and Gamewarden videos so they would have a background of what we did.
Nomination/ Biographical Date Form for Enlisted Combat Aircrew Roll of Honor